So this is the first in a series I’m planning to make on Tuesdays – Tag Tuesdays!
I’m guessing you all know what YouTube Tags are? Yes? Good. Usually these are on videos, and I will make some like that, but for now I’ll write them out.
Today I’m doing the Birthstone Book Tag, so let’s get started!
Birthstone Book Tag
1. January (GARNET): Associate with warding off negative forces and dark energies – Name a book with the darkest/evilest character you can think of.
A book with the darkest character – I’d have to say Aimery from The Lunar Chronicles. He is just so evil – I don’t even love to hate him. I just hate him. Period. He get’s what he deserves – but we’ll talk about that another time…
2. February (AMETHYST): Purple is associated with royalty – Name a book with regal qualities… You can base this off of characters or choose the King of all books.
When people ask for the “best book to read” (aka King of all books) I have three options for them – my three favorite. Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Maximum Ride and The Lunar Chronicles. In that order.
3. March (AQUAMARINE): Washed out – Name a ‘wishy washy’ character, a character who is not strong or a follower.
I would say Bella from Twilight. I just finished the first book (to be in my April book haul) and she makes one or two major decisions for herself in the book. Now, I’ve only read the first one, so i seriously hope she changes in the next three books.
4. April (DIAMOND): A diamond in the rough – Name a book that you loved but is not well known
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani. This fandom is practically nonexistent – but it got a movie deal the first year it came out (2013) and is going to be released December 2017 (if they stick to the scheduled, of course…)
5. May (EMERALD): Said to balance energy – Name two characters who balance each other well.
Sadie and Carter Kane from The Kane Chronicles. They are so different that they work perfectly together. I love it when I come across characters like those.
6. June (PERAL): Associated with loyalty – Name a character who is loyal to the end.
Pegasus from the Pegasus Series. Throughout the whole series, he is always there and I just love, love that.
7. July (RUBY): Blood red – Name a book that made your blood boil, one that made you angry.
Anything with Mythology that is off the mark – that always gets to me.
8. August (PERIDOT): Pale green (it pales in comparison to other gems) – Name a supporting character who you like better than the main character.
Never have I ever read a book like that (thankfully). But I do love when the side characters are just as amazing as the main ones.
9. September (SAPPHIRE): Blue like the ocean which is calming – Name a book that had a calming affect on you.
I don’t typically read books like that. But I find those books to be in the realistic genre – not normally the fantasy or action ones.
10. October (OPAL): Iridescent – Name an iridescent book, this can be a book with a beautiful cover (Shiny? Lots of color?) or you can base it off of a character. (Quirky? Colorful?)
This would have to be the covers from The Lunar Chronicles series. The words are shiny silver, and bumpy – which I have always loved, no matter how childish – I have been known to stare at them for long periods of time.
11. November (TOPAZ): Associated with resilience – Name a books with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity.
A lot of books, actually. I think I’d go with Max from the book series Maximum Ride. She just keeps on fighting no matter what gets thrown at her – and trust me; a lot does.
12. December (BLUE ZIRCON): Associated with friendship – Name a book with a friendship you want to be apart of.
Either Harry, Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter, or to be friends with the original trio from the Percy Jackson books – Percy, Annabeth and Grover.
So there you have it – my first ever Book Tag post! If you liked it please join my next Tuesday for the next tag – and if you happen to come across any you want me to try, send me a message!