This tag was created by TheBookArcher – I highly suggest you check her out.
Ready? Let’s get started:
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like
The 5th Wave. I saw the movie trailer and was really excited to read this book – the idea and story seemed really cool.
It was good until page 30. I found the characters cold and unrelateable, and the romance was forced. There was excessive swearing and I’m more excited to see the movie when it’s on DVD.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love
The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. It’s not necessarily that NO ONE likes it, but no one seems to like the main character, America.
I, on the other hand, loved her. I found her relatable, and I just loved her! Maybe that’s because I’m thirteen that I find her more relatable, and that everyone else who read it are 20-something-year-olds?
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like
I don’t really have one for this! I tend to be happy with how my Ships and OTPs turn out.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for
Anything realistic, really. I tend to like the Fantasy\Sci Fi section more! Though lately I have been branching out.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like
Katniss Everdeen. I found her to be, again, kind of cold. I liked her much more in the movie, and I think the movie helped me to like her book character better.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into
Rainbow Rowell. A lot of people love her writing, but I just can’t get into it.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
The “Public Schooler” Trope. The one where, because the main character or the main character’s friend is a teen public schooler, they have to drink, and be bad drivers, and smoke and sneak out at night – I mean, I’ve never been to public school, but I don’t think it’s like that.
At least, not 99% of the time. Correct me if I’m wrong.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading
Vampire Academy. I saw the movie, and it was okay, but I have no interest in reading the books.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Harry Potter aside, I’d say The Hunger Games. It really added a lot to the characters and mad me like them more. Plus, I found it hard to picture the scenes in the book (like the second arena \ the clock one) but in the movie, it was so clear I loved it!
That was the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag! Let me know if you agree with my answers, or if you would have chosen a different book , and if so, what book?
Connect with me elsewhere!